Friday 15 April 2011

T-90 days - The training HAS begun

Well it was inevitable wasn't it. Less then 3 months will be aiming to walk 100km in as little time as possible (24 hours aimed for), and this week i did my first `trial` walk from Office to Home.

According to Googlemaps thats a 13.2km walk. GM also claims that it would take me 2 hours 47mins to do it. Good target i thought. Well with iPod on, and the weather looking decidedly dodgy i set off.

Hitting the 10km mark in the centre of Ewell in 100mins, couldnt get more easy on the math could you, 10km in 100mins, thats 1km in 10mins or 6km/h. Is that a good pace? it suggests i could walk the 100km in under 17 hours. Sounds alright to me.. well the pace was okay, but my feet were not quite so happy. Blisters.. well it was first decent length walk, so understandable i guess, but pain is good apparently.

I've since installed a piece of software on my Desire that tracks my walks etc, and i will publish these (might as well eh?) so can keep track of my pace over time etc..

OH and we now have our fundraising page up and running so you can all donate!

Trail Raiders team page - Donate here, PLEASE?

No comments:

Post a Comment